I am absolutely in love with these Banana Split Cupcakes!
They’re so simple, but so cute, you’ll have a whole line of kiddos around the block wanting a cupcake of their very own.
Or, just your own kids demanding seconds of these Banana Split Cupcakes—and thirds.
Banana Split Cupcakes
There’s nothing like a banana split in the summer…
All that ice cream and yummies piled on top.
But, frankly, who the heck has all that ice cream in their freezer at one time?
If you need a reason to celebrate summer, look no further than these Banana Split Cupcakes.
It’s like the ice cream truck drove was driving the street and a cake truck (is that a thing) pulled-out in front of them and they smashed.
Instead of a sad car wreck on the evening news, though, the result was a cupcake that looks and tastes like a banana split.
How cool is that?!
It’s all the banana, you see.
So much banana in these amazing banana split cupcakes—and then the creamy icing.
Yeah, you just can’t get better than that on a hot day, out by the pool.
Because you have to have a fantastic snack for those summer afternoons.
And they’re coming—those afternoons are coming.
Because the spring rains have stopped, the sun is shining and the temperature is climbing up so that the pool is just almost ready for a dip!
So, having a snack in mind for those poolside afternoons is paramount.
And these banana split cupcakes are easy enough that the kids can help make them—and customize their own!
Oh, you’re all in for making your own Banana Split Cupcakes?
But you’re all out of bananas?! How did that happen?!
Oh, well, just pin this recipe for banana split cupcakes so that you can find it really quick when you get back from the store.
See? Problem solved.
Oh, and be sure to drop a 5-star rating on the recipe, below, to let us know that you want to see more awesomeness like this!
- For Cupcake Base:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup very mashed, ripe bananas (about 2 medium bananas)
- ¼ cup water
- For Frosting:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon strawberry flavoring
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 2-3 drops red food dye
- sprinkles, maraschino cherries, chocolate sauce
- 2 3” banana spears (you’ll need about 6 bananas for this. The spears are when you break the bananas into thirds)
- Preheat oven to 350° and place paper baking cups into 24 regular-sized muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar, butter, and eggs.
- Next, add vanilla extract and ripe mashed bananas.
- On a low speed, alternate blending in dry mixture and milk.
- Fill each muffin cup up about 2/3 full and bake for 20-25 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool thoroughly before frosting.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until creamy.
- Gradually beat in sugar until smooth.
- Beat in vanilla and gradually add milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Separate frosting into three bowls, set the ‘vanilla’ bowl aside, it is done.
- Mix cocoa into ‘chocolate bowl’, then set aside.
- Mix strawberry flavoring and food dye into ‘strawberry bowl’
- Using a melon baller, or very small ice cream scoop, place one small scoop of each ‘flavor’ onto each cupcake, in a row.
- Press a banana spear onto each side of the frosting row so it looks like a banana split. Top with sprinkles and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- Place one maraschino cherry on top of each.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 513Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 320mgCarbohydrates: 77gFiber: 3gSugar: 53gProtein: 4g