College is in full swing, and I will never forget how it felt in October. Totally tired of dorm food, out of money to buy toiletries, and just craving things from home. If you have a family member, friend, or even fiance (like me! woohoo!) who is busting it in college somewhere, here are 10 things you can send them to make it feel more like home!
10 Things To Send A College Student:
1. Send them a Slim Jim or two. Why? Because “OH, YEAH!” they are amazing. That’s why!
2. Mail them some Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa. It’s starting to get chilly out and this will be the perfect chilly study drink.
3. Sunflower seeds! I can’t even begin to tell you how many sunflower seeds I ate in college. They always have been and always will be my most favorite thing to munch on ever.
4. Popcorn! Everyone in college needs popcorn. When I was in college all I wanted in life was a microwave with a popcorn button. When I finally got one it was the greatest gift ever.
5. Shampoo. No, seriously. I remember I had this dorm-mate that always used to steal my shampoo– and I still hate her to this day. Think of the friendships we could have fostered had someone just sent her a bottle of shampoo!
6. Chapstick. I know it sounds silly, but I remember my lips getting SO chapped at school and having NONE of this. I had to spend my last three dollars on a tube. All this could have been avoided had someone sent it to me in a care package!
7. Pens and Pencils. I am pretty sure whatever monster eats all the socks out of the dryer trolls college campuses and steals writing utensils. Stupid monster.
8. Hand-written notes. In this crazy digital age, we text, we email, we facetime, but there is just something mega comforting about seeing the handwriting of a loved one when you’re off at school!
9. TOILET PAPER. No seriously, send them as much toilet paper as you think they will need and then double that. Because I once stole a giant roll of toilet paper out of a 7-11 bathroom just to make it until I had some cash again. I am not proud of this. Also, that toilet paper was the worst thing that has ever graced my bum. Ever.
10. Money. Because, money.
And if you go to the #AmazonWishList Shopping Party, you can get $1.00 some of this stuff and more! Just purchase your stuff from twitter using the hashtag #AmazonWishList. Awesome!
My new favorite way to shop
So, Amazon has launched a new feature. Basically, you connect your twitter account to your amazon account here, and you just tweet out the url of whatever product you find on Amazon along with the hashtag #AmazonWishList and it automagically adds it to your list for you.
— Jamie Harrington (@jamieharrington) October 9, 2014
Make sure to check out the first EVER #AmazonWishList Social Shopping Party!
- Wednesday, October 15th from 11-12pm EST
- Amazon will be offering special promotions during the hour on the featured products purchased using the #AmazonWishList feature. This includes $1 off all featured products that are purchased during the party using #AmazonWishList and #AmazonHasIt.
- Amazon will be giving away 10 Kindles to give away as prizes during the party!
Lots of people are already using #AmazonWishList. You probably should, too.