Seriously, these Andes Mint Boozy Cupcakes are the perfect addition to any party. They’re so bright and fun!
And they’re so decadently irresistible.
You won’t be able to control yourself.
Andes Mint Boozy Cupcakes
No matter what time of the year it is, mint and chocolate are the perfect pairing to any party.
Then add in the boozy part and BAM it’s a party with no end in sight.
Heck, serve these up at a baby shower (aside from the expecting mom) and play games… that’d be wild to see.
And they’re so simple to make, having to make a huge batch for a big party, or making a teeny-tiny batch for a party of just a few, is no sweat, either way.
You just start with your favorite cupcake recipe, a bottle of Creme de Cocoa, Creme de Minthe, frosting, a little mint extract and green dye–with some mini-chocolate chips to top ’em off!
After I have the cupcakes made and fully cooled, I like to start by combining my Creme de Menthe and Creme de Cocoa.
My mom used to mix these with ice cream–that’s what inspired me to make these Andes Mint Boozy Cupcakes…might be a new recipe coming soon…hmmm…
Just an equal amount of both makes this fabulous combination.
I remember smelling it when I was a kid and being so very excited to be a grownup to try my mom’s green boozy shake. LOL!
To make the cupcakes all Andes Mint Boozy Cupcakes…I just popped the top with a decorating tip.
The trick to this is to push it in, then give a little twist before removing.
And I always keep the little cap–don’t want any of that cupcake to go to waste.
I filled each cupcake with a couple of teaspoons of my Creme de Menthe and Creme de Cocoa mixture.
Just drizzled it in the hole, let it soak in and added another for good measure.
When I deemed them “full” I put that special cupcake lid back on.
And, as you can tell, I was a little messy with this part, but it doesn’t really matter because that chocolate/mint mixture is going to seep all the way through the cupcake, so a little on the top hurts no one.
For extra mintiness, I thought it would be a great idea to add juuuuust a teaspoon of mint extract to my frosting.
I just used my favorite canned frosting, because I had some I didn’t want to go to waste…
Then, the green food coloring…
Now, if you wanted to be really creative, you could do half chocolate and half green frosting.
But, to be honest, I wasn’t feeling that creative and just now thought of it. LOL!
I did put some of the un-colored frosting into my decorating bag before I put the green frosting in, that way my cupcakes would have this fun frosty look.
It’s my favorite way to frost cupcakes with two tones.
Then it’s drop a few chocolate chips on top and your Andes Mint Boozy Cupcakes are ready to paaaaarty! LOL!
I mean, they also like long walks on the beach, but partying is their “thing.”
So, you’re ready to make your own Andes Mint Boozy Cupcakes but you got no Creme de Menthe or Creme de Cocoa?!
Just kidding, don’t sweat it, okay?
Just pin this to your favorite boozy cupcakes board on Pinterest, so you can find it later.
And when you get back from the liquor store, you’re in business!
Oh, and if you make these and love them as much as I do, be sure to drop a 5-star rating on the recipe, so we know you want more awesomeness like this!
- 12 vanilla cupcakes made from your favorite recipe
- 1/4 cup Creme de Menthe
- 1/4 cup Creme de Cocoa
- 1 can of your favorite vanilla frosting
- 1 tspn mint extract
- 5-10 drops green food coloring
- 1/4 cup mini-chocolate chips
- Largest Star Piping Tip
- Piping Bag
- Place the Creme de Menthe and Creme de Cocoa into a small mixing bowl. Stir until completely combined.
- Using a large decorating tip, make a hole in the top of each cupcake, saving the remnants from each hole for use filling the hole in a moment.
- Place 1-2 teaspoons of the Creme mixture in each cupcake hole.
- Replace the top of each cupcake hole.
- Add mint extract to the frosting and stir until completely combined.
- Go ahead and sloppily add some of the uncolored frosting to your decorator's bag.
- Mix 5-10 drops of green food coloring with the frosting and stir until the frosting is completely consistently minty green throughout.
- Then fill the decorating bag with the green frosting.
- Frost the cupcakes in a circular fashion, swirling from the inside to the outside then back toward the inside.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 83 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 23mg Carbohydrates: 11g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 9g Protein: 1g