When your kids are dying for a certain movie to come out, it’s time for Easy Wonder Park Inspired Boomer Bear Popcorn Balls to give them a tiny bite of patience.
And, for me, making this super-fast snack was all about getting ahead of their game and showing them I’m excited, too.
Easy Wonder Park Inspired Boomer Bear Popcorn Balls
It’s not every day that my kids get excited about a new movie coming out.
We don’t go to every movie ever, but we’ve gone to a couple lately and they’ve seen the previews for Wonder Park–and loved it.
So much so that they’ve been (repeatedly) asking me when we’re going to be able to go to the theater to catch it.
And I may have caught a little bit of their excitement.
So, I pulled out an old recipe for popcorn balls and modified them to be these absolutely adorable, but totally easy Wonder Park Inspired Boomer Bear Popcorn Balls!
I mean, how cute is this–and it literally took me less than 10 minutes to bring to life.
And, I’ll be honest, if I could rank items on a scale of importance on my list of “what makes me happiest about a specific recipe”, “easy” is always right up there with “tastes great”.
And these couldn’t be an easier.
Just heat the sugar and whatnot.
Then combine with your popped popcorn.
And form into balls, then slap on the eyes and nose.
Wicked easy–and super easy to love!
I mean, who doesn’t love a candy-coated ball of popcorn shaped like a bear in a bright, neon blue?!
Definitely not me.
And definitely not my kids.
They could almost not wait for me to get the candy eyeballs on before they were snatching these Boomer-inspired popcorn balls away from me.
Seriously, they’re that yummy.
Like a ball of buttered, candied popcorn.
Kind of similar to caramel popcorn–but a little bit different.
Which, if I am honest, blue is my favorite color and, just so everyone is clear–if a food is blue, it automatically “tastes better” in my book.
Even if it doesn’t actually taste any different without the blue.
Confession over. LOL!
Now, be sure to pin these easy Wonder Park Inspired Boomer Bear Popcorn Balls so that you can make them again for your kids when the movie comes out on DVD for a Wonder Park movie night.
And be sure to give this recipe a 5-star rating so we know you want to see more delicious recipes like this!
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tblspn butter
- ⅓ cup corn syrup
- 1 cup unpopped popcorn (about 6 cups popped)
- 1 tspn Neon Blue GEL food coloring
- 12 Candy Eyeballs
- 2 Tootsie Rolls
- Pop popcorn.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter, sugar and corn syrup.
- Stir constantly over medium heat until boiling, then turn it off.
- Add food coloring.
- Pour popped popcorn into the pan once sauce is ready.
- Stir until all of the popcorn is covered.
- Mold into balls, place on wax paper.
- Break the Tootsie Rolls into 6 pieces and mold them by hand into triangles for noses (heat in the microwave for 5 seconds to soften Tootsie Roll, if necessary).
- Strategically place eyes and noses on popcorn balls, then pop into the refrigerator for 10 minutes to set.
- Remove popcorn balls from the refrigerator and serve!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 138mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 1gSugar: 39gProtein: 1g