One of the best things about summer is July 4th. And these Patriotic Rice Krispie Treats are the perfect patriotic celebration treat!
I mean, anybody planning an Independence Day Party? Because I’m ready.
Patriotic Rice Krispie Treats
A little something you should know about me. I’m kind of extra.
Not like a lot extra–and mostly when it has to do with holidays and holiday foods.
But extra is fun and I’m all about being fun.
Take these Patriotic Rice Krispie Treats for instance.
They’re just really simple, typical snacks for kids. I toss one in their lunches on Fridays for a good week.
But you add a little candy melt action in a few choice colors…
And you’re in the money for a more spectacular kind of treat.
I like to put my Patriotic Rice Krispie Treats on a stick, because everything is better when there are popsicle sticks involved, just in case you’ve never met a preschooler before.
Then, after sticks are inserted, you’re way less likely to make giant mess on your hands with the candy melts, too.
Not just because kids like stuff on sticks–but it doesn’t hurt. LOL!
Oh, and parchment paper is a must for the next steps.
Because, regardless of sticks, this is going to get messy.
Drizzle is the name of the game.
And drizzle is always messy. No matter what you do.
So, definitely use the parchment paper to drizzle over, otherwise you’re going to have candy melts on your baking sheet or plate or whatever.
And this recipe should be all about fun.
Loads of fun.
Both with the making of the Patriotic Rice Krispie Treats and with the eating.
Maybe next time, I’ll even let the kids have some fun making them, instead of just eating them…but then, that would mean a LOT more mess, regardless of parchment paper, during the drizzling.
Not sure if I could handle that. LOL!
If you’re digging these Patriotic Rice Krispie Treats, but you don’t have your popsicle sticks in hand, have no fear!
Just pin this recipe to your favorite July 4th BBQ Ideas board so you can find it when you’re ready.
And, don’t forget, if you try this and love it, be sure to drop us a 5-star rating to let us know you want to see more delicious recipes like this one!
- (2) 8-count packages of Kellogg's Rice Krispie Treats
- 10 oz package of Wilton Bright White Candy Melts
- 10 oz package of Wilton Royal Blue Candy Melts
- 10 oz package of Wilton Red Candy Melts
- 2 small sandwich baggies
- 16 popsicle OR lollipop sticks
- Kitchen scissors
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Open the Rice Krispie treats and discard the packaging.
- Insert one popsicle or lollipop stick into the base of each Rice Krispie treat and place on
- the prepared baking sheet.
- Once all the Rice Krispie treats have sticks, place the baking sheet in the fridge for 20
- After 20 minutes, pour the Wilton bright white candy melts into a microwave safe dish.
- Heat in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring occasionally until completely
- Remove the Rice Krispie treats from the fridge and dip each treat into the melted white
- chocolate covering about 3/4 way and allowing the excess chocolate drip back into the
- Place the dipped treat on the prepared baking sheet and repeat with all Rice Krispie
- Allow the chocolate covered Rice Krispie treats to set.
- Once the white chocolate has set, scoop 1/2 cup of the red and bright blue candy melts
- into separate sandwich baggies.
- Microwave for 30 seconds and gently squeeze the chocolate and repeat microwaving (if
- needed) until melted.
- Snip a small corner of each sandwich baggy and gently squeeze the melted chocolate
- from the bag and onto the Rice Krispie treats in a criss cross pattern.
- Repeat with all the Rice Krispie treats.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 258Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 29mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 0gSugar: 41gProtein: 0g