DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links.
Surely you are in our super cool Facebook group by now, right? If not click here to join!
Have you ever been hyper-aware that you needed a pick-me-up in a bad way? Dude, this Pick-Me-Up Guaranteed Mango-Berry Smoothie is the solution for that problem.
Pick-Me-Up Guaranteed Mango-Berry Smoothie
Sometimes, I feel like the world’s really getting me down.
You know, when the suns been hiding behind clouds for what feels like a month (even if it’s only been a day), it’s too soggy to do anything outside, and the inside of your house is starting to feel like the inside of a tornado?
Yeah, I’ve been having me one of those days today.
So, I did the obvious thing.
I made a Pick-Me-Up Guaranteed Mango-Berry Smoothie.
Dang thing is just so pretty, just by looking at it, you start to feel a little better–more like yourself.
Then you bring that nice paper straw to your lips and you start to feel a little tingle.
And, no, Janice, I’m not talking about the tingle you get when you’re allergic to something–I know all about that tingle and this is NOT that, so don’t accuse me of being allergic to something new again. Thank. You. Very. Much.
I’m talking about the tingle of goodness that you know you’re putting some serious energy-packing power into your body that tastes amazing.
The tingle of “man, I’m so happy that I’m actually eating something NOT fried.”
You know, that kind of tingle.
And, no, Janice, I don’t ONLY eat fried things–it’s a metaphor. Get. OVER. It. Already.
And, the best part? Pick-Me-Up Guaranteed Mango-Berry Smoothie is SO SIMPLE to make.
Literally about 5 minutes and you’re in heaven.
Oh, and get this, you can save fresh fruit that’s about to go bad by throwing it in the freezer, knowing that this amazingness is on it’s way as soon as the fruit is solid.
Yeah–take that, Janice, not only is the Pick-Me-Up Guaranteed Mango-Berry Smoothie just yummy, it’s also keeping you from having to throw out fruits that you might not otherwise have a plan for. So there.
Please note, no Janices were harmed during the writing of this article.
It’s just a name I use to talk to myself. You know, like you do sometimes, right, Janice?
Now, if your fridge-fruit is just about to go bad, go ahead and throw it in the freezer and pin this post so you can find it when it’s frozen.
Oh, and when you come back to make the Pick-Me-Up Guaranteed Mango-Berry Smoothie, be sure to give it a 5-star rating if you love it!
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen blackberries
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks (no, Janice, it's not mangies)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (split)
- 1/4 cup sugar (or less if you don't want a sugar rush with your smoothie)
- Place blackberries and blueberries together in a bowl with 1/4 cup of the coconut milk and 1/8 cup of the sugar.
- Blend with an immersion blender or stand blender until smooth. I get the best results with an immersion blender...just me? Oh, sorry Janice. Set aside.
- Place mangos and bananas together in a bowl with remaining coconut milk and sugar.
- Blend with an immersion blender until smooth--for best color, clean your blender between fruits.
- Pour one color on top of the other in a glass to serve!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 9gSugar: 56gProtein: 4g