DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links.
In honor of yesterday’s no more negativity post, I’m going to talk about some of the things make me smile.
- Yesterday I took the daughter in for her five year checkup. (Doc she’s absolutely perfect, FYI.) She had to pee in a cup, which meant me holding the cup under her while she did her business. While I was trying to get over the grossness, I learned that sometimes when she has trouble peeing, she tickles her belly button. Now, if you’ve never squatted in front of a toilet, holding a cup under your kid while she giggles from tickling her belly button–well, you just don’t know cute.
- I am obsessed with the Flax Seed. No, not the actual stuff, it tastes kind of oily. I am obsessed with saying Flax. Say it five times fast. See? It feels funny.
- My parents are coming home! They’ve been in Miami for the last couple of years, and I’ve missed them big time.
- Me–Treadmill–2 Weeks straight. Oh. Hell. Yeah.
- Back when I taught kindergarten, we used to have pajama day. (Just occasionally, as opposed to now–which is every day.) All the kids came in the cutest little jammies, except this one girl who borrowed a t-shirt from her dad:
When I called her mom to tell her it wasn’t exactly appropriate for school wear. She couldn’t understand why, because it’s not like the kids could read yet. Far be it from me to argue with that rock solid logic.