Making money for teens, right now, is totally different than trying to earn a buck during a time when we aren’t all stuck at home. You have to get kind of creative when it comes to bringing in money while everyone is trapped in isolation.
It’s not impossible to make some extra money, you just have to think a little outside of the box, and you just may flourish!
1) Sell Your Things Online. You probably have old video games, music instruments, books, or other things that you don’t need anymore. Rather than throwing that item out, think about selling it online. You can make quite a good income selling your things online.
Check out websites like Amazon, Mercari, Ebay, or even Craigslist. Just be careful with your transactions, and make sure you follow through with delivery. You might need someone over 18 to set up an account for you. You can then work with them to sell your things, and make that money!
2) Take Surveys Online. You often only have to be 13 years old to take surveys online. If you are under 18, however, get your parent’s permission.
I have actually used Swagbucks. It was a lot of work, I’m not going to lie, but I was able to put back enough money to get each of my kids Christmas gifts a couple years ago. It was a lifesaver! You can expect to be paid in gift cards to places like Amazon, Walmart, and even Paypal.
Other sites that will pay you for taking surveys include Treasure Trooper, Ipsos i-Say, VIP Voice, and Survey Junkie (which I’ve also used).
3) Start a YouTube Channel. You only have to be 13 years old to start a channel on YouTube! This is NOT instant money, but something you will have to work at.
You get paid through ad revenue, and the average YouTuber can make up to $20 per thousand views. So, the more you work it, the more you can make.
Advice: Offer something that will entertains and improves the life of someone sitting at home — like how to videos. You can make BANK on these.
4) Online Tutoring. With, basically every kid in this country going to school at home, you KNOW they may need help with Math, English, Science, or another subject. If you excel in one of these subjects, why not get your name out there!
Set a price, and offer up your skills on Facebook Live, over Facetime, on Skype, or however else you think you can help a child learn.
This is EXCELLENT, because neither of you actually has to leave the house!
5) Yard Work. If you are in an area that hasn’t issued a Shelter in Place mandate, you can still get out in the fresh air. You don’t have to get close to people to mow their yard.
With things so up in the air right now, people may be forgetting to do things like mow and clean up their yards. Why not take advantage of the situation, and make some money!