Summer marks the time when it’s finally warm enough outside to enjoy some delicious grilled food, some good music, and good times with friends and family. Unfortunately, it also marks a time when the bugs think they can party too. So before you go throw that next outdoor gathering, you’ll want to check out this Backyard Bug Off Kit. We even partnered with OFF!® to help give you this brilliant idea!
What You Will Need to Make a Backyard Bug Off Kit:
- OFF!® FamilyCare Insect Repellent (Smooth & Dry)
- OFF!® FamilyCare Insect Repellent (Unscented)
- OFF!® Clip-On™
- OFF!® Patio & Deck
- OFF!® Tabletop
- Basket or Large Container
- Bug Off Kit Free Printable
How to Make a Backyard Bug Off Kit:
- Gather all of your supplies. I found all of my OFF!® products at my local grocery store. You can even order them online to save time. I included a combination of personal insect repellents, area repellents and OFF!® Tabletop, which enhances the ambiance of outdoor spaces.
- Place a colored towel or rag into the bottom of your bin or container. I used a large wooden box to display my items.
- Arrange the items in your basket to make them look appealing! Well, as appealing as insect repellent can be. The idea here is that we keep our guests entertained without them getting bitten by mosquitoes.
- Print and cut out the Bug Off Kit printable tag and tape it to the front.
- Place the basket out in the open for guests to use.
- Watch your guests have a great time at your party without any pesky mosquitoes bothering them!
Keep Those Mosquitoes Away This Summer
I think it’s safe to say that unless you are an entomologist (a person who studies insects) then you might dislike bugs. Whether we like it or not, mosquitoes surround us and there are times (like when we are entertaining outdoors) where they want to surround us even more. That is exactly the time we need to be prepared for. For years, my family and I have purchased OFF!® insect repellent products because they rock. They make products easy to use so you can worry more about enjoying the outdoors rather than fighting off critters that live in it. I came up with this idea because we are planning lots of gatherings in our backyard and I thought to myself, how am I going to keep all the bugs away from my guests? Sure, I could remember to apply personal repellent on myself but then it hit me that many of my guests may have forgotten to do so, so why not have a basket full of goodies to keep the mosquitoes away from my guests and that’s just what I did!
Remember to keep insect repellent out of children’s reach and don’t let them handle the products themselves. Spray the palm of your hand first, then put the product on children.
OFF!® personal repellent products have effective active ingredients including DEET and Picaridin. DEET is an active ingredient found in many personal repellent formulas. It is a nearly colorless liquid with a faint characteristic odor. Picaridin is, like DEET, an effective active ingredient in personal repellents. It is an odorless, colorless and non-greasy liquid that leaves little trace on skin and repels mosquitoes. With all of the information going around about mosquito bites, now seems like the best time to truly get proactive with your fight against mosquitoes. As a mom, nothing is more important than keeping my family protected. And we know that personal repellents are the first line of defense against mosquitoes.
So what are you waiting for? Before you head outside pick up some OFF!® personal repellent and area repellent products that will make everyone’s outdoor experience more enjoyable.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of OFF!. The opinions and text are all mine.