What are you doing Starbucks? First you take away our rewards we know and love and now, you are adding things into coffee that seem questionable…
Starbucks is trying to make oils in coffee happen and I just can’t help but think it sounds gross…
According to a new press release, Starbucks is releasing a new coffee called Starbucks Oleato. They call it a “Revolutionary New Coffee Ritual”.
It is described as:
An unexpected alchemy of Starbucks® finest arabica coffee infused with Partanna® extra virgin olive oil offers a velvety smooth, deliciously lush new coffee experience
Apparently, it has already been launched in Starbucks Reserve® Roastery Milan and Starbucks Italy stores and will launch in select markets worldwide over the coming year.
Starbucks today unveiled a transformational innovation in coffee, Oleato – a line of coffee beverages that brings together the unexpected – Starbucks arabica coffee deliciously infused with a spoonful of Partanna cold pressed, extra virgin olive oil. The result is velvety smooth, delicately sweet and lush coffee that uplifts each cup with an extraordinary new flavor and texture.
Starbucks Oleato beverages that will be served in Starbucks stores around the world:
- Oleato™ Caffè Latte: Starbucks Blonde Espresso Roast, a light roast that is smooth and subtly sweet, is infused with Partanna extra virgin olive oil and steamed with creamy oatmilk to create a velvety smooth, deliciously lush latte.
- Oleato™ Golden Foam™ Cold Brew: The inviting aroma of lush Partanna extra virgin olive oil infused cold foam cascades slowly through the dark, smooth cold brew, creating a subtle sweetness in the beverage.
- Oleato™ Iced Shaken Espresso: This coffee-forward beverage offers layers of flavor sweetened with notes of hazelnuts, rich espresso and creamy oatmilk infused with Partanna extra virgin olive oil.
In select markets, customers will also be able to add a press – the equivalent to a spoonful – of Partanna extra virgin olive oil as a customization to select beverages.
The press will then be infused (steamed, shaken or blended) as a customization into select drinks such as espresso beverages and tea lattes. Golden Foam™ will also be available as a customization, which can be added as a delicious topping on both hot and cold beverages.
Designed to pair perfectly with the exquisite Starbucks Reserve coffee, the Starbucks Reserve Roastery Milan today debuted four Starbucks Reserve Oleato beverages:
- Oleato™ Caffè Latte: Starbucks Reserve Espresso and creamy oatmilk infused with Partanna extra virgin olive oil create a velvety, luscious latte.
- Oleato™ Iced Cortado: Starbucks Reserve Espresso, demerara syrup, and a dash of orange bitters and oatmilk is infused with Partanna extra virgin olive oil. It is then served over ice and finished with an orange peel.
- Oleato™ Golden Foam Cold Brew: Starbucks Reserve Cold Brew is lightly sweetened with vanilla syrup and finished with Partanna extra virgin olive oil infused cold foam, creating an inviting aroma and subtle sweetness.
- Oleato™ Deconstructed: An ode to the Italian tradition of combining olive oil with a squeeze of lemon. This beverage pairs Starbucks Reserve Espresso and Partanna extra virgin olive oil infused with a luxurious passionfruit cold foam.
- Oleato™ Golden Foam™ Espresso Martini: Starbucks Reserve Espresso, vodka and vanilla bean syrup topped with golden foam – a fusion of fior di latte (sweet cream) and Partanna extra virgin olive oil.
I won’t lie, I will at least try it but I don’t think having oils in my coffee sounds great at all. What do you think?
You can read more about this new coffee here.