Having a newborn is one thing because they mostly eat, sleep and poop. I can handle that. Now I am on the toddler stage and let me tell you, it’s rough. If there is one thing I wish someone had told me before I made it to this point in time, it would be that Parents Need a Bag Full of Arsenal. I’m not talking about weapons or anything dangerous. Instead, I’m talking about 10 Things Every Parent Needs to Survive The Toddler Years.
10 Things Every Parent Needs to Survive The Toddler Years
Toddlers are crazy little beings that can melt your heart and break it all within the same moment of time. They are active, ambitious, and a bit dramatic. No matter how your toddler acts or reacts to their surroundings, you have to be ready for that moment where it’s like a hurricane is rolling through. With the experience I’ve had with now 2 toddler boys, there a few things I cannot recommend more that parents of toddlers need!
- Sleep – Yes, I know this one seems obvious but it’s free, needed, and the best thing a parent can have. Can find enough of it? Try sleeping when your toddler does. The laundry and dishes can wait, so get to counting those sheep.
- Food – No I am not talking about those week old gold fish that your child doesn’t seem to mind eating from their car seat. I am talking about REAL food and protein to help keep your energy levels up! Also, can anyone say caffeine?
- Wipes – Okay, what isn’t a wipe good for? Wipes are great for so many things which is exactly why I think; you should have them in every room of your home. Heck, within 30 feet of you at ALL TIMES.
- Mini Spoons – It’s a tragic day when your toddler can’t seem to fit a teaspoon in their mouth. Having those tiny toddler spoons around at all times will help lessen the chance of an epic meltdown.
- Ear Plugs – If you thought ear plugs were just for your snoring spouse, think again! Ear plugs will come in handy when your toddler is still throwing their fit from an hour ago over the color of shorts you put them in. It also is a way to keep calm, go to your happy place, and avoid yelling at your child.
- Pain Medication – So if the ear plugs don’t work, there is always plan b: headache medication. It will come in handy when your toddler is causing you trouble and pain.
- An outlet – We all love our children but when they start to cause us trouble during the day we can’t help but think of how glorious silence would be. That is where having an outlet comes in handy. Whether it’s playing video games, exercising, or having a hobby, you will be glad you have an outlet where you can unwind.
- Toys Galore – Toddlers are busy little creatures and they need to be entertained. Of course, playing with your toddler is great but sometimes it’s good for them to keep themselves entertained. That’s where an assortment of toys can come in and save the day. Choose educational toys or toys that are full of color and sound (again, ear plugs may be needed here).
- Patience – Unfortunately, patience is not something that can be bought or really taught for that matter. It just has to happen. Toddlers will poke and prod at every single one of your buttons and you just have to know it’s coming and handle them like a pro.
- Diapers and Lots of Them – When you have a toddler you are right in that stage of needing diapers and trying to transition to training pants. Whatever the case may be, you need diapers and lots of them. Stock up so you never run out and of course, carry diapers where ever you go because you never know when your toddler will go!
Choosing the right diaper can make all the difference
As I mentioned, diapers are a great thing to keep stocked up on especially when you have a toddler. But choosing the right diaper can make all the difference. You need one that is ready for those accidents (leaks, blow outs, etc.) but also ready for the rough and toughness a toddler provides. That’s why I love Huggies Little Movers Diapers.
Huggies Little Movers Diapers are perfect for your toddler that is only on-the-go. Only Huggies® diapers have a stretchy SnugFit Waistband to help our diapers stay in place like no other diaper. The unique contoured shape provides a comfortable fit and stays in place as babies move and play.
Plus, these diapers are now even more absorbent with new and improved LEAK LOCK®—the protection and security you both need between changes.
Benefits of Huggies Little Movers Diapers Include:
- Shaped for fit and flexibility
- Available in sizes 3, 4, 5 and 6
- DryTouch® liner** absorbs on contact
- Double Grip Strips for a comfy fit that lasts
- Leak Lock Protection for up to 12 hours of protection
- SnugFit* waistband
- Features New Huggies® Brand Moving Baby System*
I personally use Huggies Little Movers Diapers with my almost 2-year-old son and they work great!
Now that you know all about a great diaper, you are going to need to know where to buy in bulk. Well guess what? I have that answer for you too!
Right now at Sam’s Club you can find the Huggies Little Movers Diapers in a bonus box. Each box has bonus diapers! Plus, you can get an additional $3 off with Instant Savings through July 17th. To sweeten the deal, you can even enter to win a $500 Sam’s Club gift card by submitting a photo of your baby’s moves! You can learn more here.
So what are you waiting for? Head to your local Sam’s Club and snag your box of Huggies Little Movers Diapers. It’s 1 of the 10 necessary items to make it through the toddler years!