DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links.
Surely you are following us on TikTok by now, right? If not click here to follow!
Mmmm coffee… coffee…coffee… I don’t think anything can truly replace the smell of a freshly brewed pot of coffee in the morning, can it? Coffee is always the best way to start my day which is why our home never goes without it. Well that and some creamer because I just can’t have my coffee black (seriously, why do that to yourself?) So now that we are on the subject, I feel that now is as good of a time as any to share 5 Surprising Benefits of Coffee that you may not know about. Bet you will want coffee (and creamer) more now after reading this!
5 Surprising Benefits of Coffee
- It keeps your liver healthy – Your liver is one of your most vital organs. It is responsible for all sorts of functions in your body and to a surprise, coffee can help keep it healthy. Studies have shown that people who drink four or more cups of coffee a day can be up to 80% less likely to develop cirrhosis which is the worst disease you can get that affects the liver.
- Protects against Diabetes – Did you know that Researchers from the Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) reviewed multiple studies and found participants who increased their coffee intake by more than one cup a day over a 4-year period had an 11% lower type 2 diabetes risk, compared with people who did not change their intake. Of course, you will want to watch the amount of sugar you put into your coffee but overall, it’s good for you!
- Kiss depression goodbye – Coffee isn’t a cure to depression but it can certainly help fight it. Research from Harvard has shown that women who drink four or more cups of coffee a day are approximately 20% less likely to suffer from depression. Besides when is the last time you had a cup of coffee and was sad? See, the next time you are feeling blue, grab a cup of joe!
- It can make you smarter – Have you ever wondered why so many often visit Coffee houses to work on their books or to conduct research? Well, it could be that since they are consuming coffee, their brain is functioning better and faster thus making them smarter…in a way! Caffeine within coffee blocks an inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain called adenosine which leads to improved energy levels and brain function. Ta-da you just got smarter with a sip!
- It brings people together – Have you ever made a pot of coffee at home and not enjoyed a conversation with your spouse, friend or family member right after? Some of my best ideas or conversations were made over a cup of coffee. And now that my husband works from home with me, we get to enjoy a nice hot cup of coffee on our deck and discuss that days’ agenda. Coffee truly brings people together and that my friend, is a pretty sweet benefit.
Making The Perfect Cup of Coffee Every Time
Now that you have a few good reasons to always keep coffee on hand, it’s time to talk how to make your coffee perfect every time. For me, the lighter and sweeter the better. For my husband, he likes his a bit more dark with just a touch of sweetness. That is why I have fallen in love with the Equal Café Creamers. You see, these are the easiest way to enjoy your coffee just the way you like it no matter where you are! Let’s say you are running out the door and late getting the kids to school. You get them there only to realize you left your coffee on the counter. Well, no worries there because you have your favorite handy-dandy travel size Equal Café Creamers at hand. Stop and grab that dollar menu coffee and add your creamer and your day is never ruined!
Did I mention that if you are particular with your coffee creamer, they are sure to have something you’ll love? My husband is a hazelnut kind of guy while I am more on the french vanilla or mocha side. And yes, they have something for you caramel lovers too! That sweetness in that cup of coffee, is what brings us together each and every morning. We start the day refreshed and there is no telling what we can accomplish!