My good friend that I’ve mentioned before, Rebecca Sutton over at Gibber Jabber has pronounced me a creative blogger. And, as part of the award–I have to tell you seven things you may not know about me.
Maybe I’m not so creative after all.
1. My favorite word in the world is noodle. I love to say it. In fact, it’s my go to word. When I can’t think of anything to say or type… it’s noodle. Every noodlin’ time.
2. I have a list of things I want to do in life. There are lots of random really cool things on it. I wish it had more important things or, at least more dreamer-y things, but instead it’s things like–be on a reality TV show and eat at White Castle so I can be cool like the Beastie Boys.
3. Speaking of the list, I actually was on a reality show–I’d forgotten about it until it came up last night at the local writer’s group hang out dinner. I was a camp counselor on season 3 of Bug Juice. My total claim to fame was doing a MC Hammer Style dance out by the pond–I thought I was by myself, but apparently some cameraman was hiding in a bush somewhere. Buttmunch.
4. My family is like a throwback to the thirties. My husband’s parents are still together, and so are mine. Both of our mothers were traditional stay-at-home moms. My current career path was pretty much a given–but I never in a million years believed it until I had my little girl. And now that she’s reaching kindergarten age, I’m a little freaked out about the prospect of going back to work as a full time teacher–I’m not sure what I am going to do with all that.
(Whoa, overshare there… turns out I might have some thinking to do!)
5. I didn’t always know how much I loved pink. For years I pretended my favorite color was orange, but when I discovered I was having a girl–I finally admitted to my obsession. Now I wave the pink flag with pride. (That might mean something that I didn’t mean it to mean. If so, someone should probably let me know.)
6. I love all types of music. I try not to limit myself to a particular genre, because I am scared I’ll miss something awesome. But I spend a lot more time than I should jamming it out to teen pop.
7. I do my own nails. I spend more time on my nails than is reasonable, but I’m totally cool with that.