This Copycat Shamrock Shake is easy to make at home and is the minty treat your life is missing.
Copycat Shamrock Shake
One of the most wonderful — and tasty — times of the year is when McDonald’s brings out their Shamrock Shake.
It’s so freaking amazing!!
The Shamrock Shake is full of minty, chocolatey, sweet milky goodness.
But, alas, it’s only available one time a year.
That is — until NOW, when you can make your OWN Copycat Shamrock Shake!!
It is super simple, and only takes a few ingredients.
Here’s What You Need To Make The Copycat Shamrock Shake:
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Heavy Whipping Cream (or you can use Milk)
- Green Food Coloring (or one drop of yellow food coloring, and one drop of green food coloring)
- 1 teaspoon of Sugar
- Whipped Cream (on top)
Here’s How You Make The Copycat Shamrock Shake:
Get out your blender — I always give it a quick rinse, just in case.
Add 6 ice cream scoops full of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.
Add 1 teaspoon full of Sugar to the blender.
Add the food coloring to the blender.
Put the lid on the blender — this is super important!! LOL!!
Blend up the mixture for about 30 seconds, shaking down the blender as needed.
Open up the blender, and make sure the shake is a liquid consistency — you know, like a milkshake.
Blend some more if needed.
Pour the shake into your most fun cup.
Top it with Whipped Cream.
If you want it to have an even more minty flavor, add 2 drops of Pure Peppermint Extract.
To give it an out-of-this world flavor, substitute Sweetened Condensed milk for the Heavy Cream.
You can make it a next-level Copycat Shamrock Shake by adding 3 crushed up Oreo Cookies!!
- 6 Scoops of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 1/2 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream (or Milk)
- 2 Drops of Green Food Coloring
- 1 teaspoon of Sugar
- Whipped Cream for the topping
- Add all the ingredients -- except the Whipped Cream -- to a blender
- Blend the mixture until smooth -- about 30 seconds
- Pour into a cup and add the Whipped Cream to the to top
- Serve and Enjoy!
For a more minty flavor, add 2 drops of Pure Peppermint Extract
Substitute Sweetened Condensed Milk for the Sugar
For a copycat Oreo Shamrock Shake, add 3 crushed oreos to the blender with the ice cream mixture before you blend it up.