We’ve all been there…it’s the middle of the night, you’ve had a long day and just as you finally close your eyes the baby starts crying. Your eyes roll up to the ceiling, you give a hard stare to your snoozing spouse, and you wonder who you murdered in your previous life to bring this on yourself now. Welcome to parenthood. Chances are if you’re already a parent, you’ve mastered the art of the baby cry. But for those of you who are new to this life, here are 5 Reasons Why Babies Cry. Don’t worry, mom, you’ll be a pro at this soon enough and out there letting all of your new mommy friends know what’s the poop (so to speak), but until then, we’re here to help. Congratulations and good luck to you all!
5 Reasons Why Babies Cry
1. Hungry. Newborns are notoriously hungry little beasties and could cry as often as every two hours to be fed. It’s a good bet if it’s been a little while since the last feeding, this should be the first thing you check.
2. Diaper. So yeah, after all that feeding, junior is going to have to go somewhere with everything. Changing diapers isn’t a favorite part of parenthood, but keeping baby dry will keep them happy (and healthy), so make sure to keep a good eye on things.
3. Pain. Before you know it, your little one will be teething. And growing. And a lot of babies experience painful colic. Growing up is hard work, mom, you’d cry with all these changes, too. Teething and growing are hard to avoid, but if you think it might be colic, you should try Colief (available online or at Walgreens nationwide). For more information about Colief Infant Digestive Aid and tips for new moms or to order online, visit http://us.colief.com. Join the online community at www.facebook.com/ColiefInfantDrops.
4. Lonely. Imagine spending the first 9 months of your existence cozy and warm, floating around in a safe space listening to the white noise of a heartbeat all the time. Life outside of the womb can be scary. Sometimes your sweet one will cry for no other reason than she needs to be held. Think of all that cuddle time as the reward for changing those awful diapers. Nothing feels better than a child relaxing into your arms, trusting you with their entire body weight. That sweet breath on your neck, the amazing smell of their little heads pressed up close to your nose. Heaven, am I right??
5. Bored. Babies don’t understand clocks. They don’t get the whole, “Please, if you love me you’ll let me sleep” thing. Sometimes when they cry it’s because they are bored. Think of this as a good thing! When they’re teenagers they won’t want to be around you as much, so soak up all this time with them now while you can. Read a book, give them some tummy time, try a bubbly bath…they’ll calm down in no time – I promise.
So there you have it, moms! 5 Reasons Why Babies Cry. Truth be told, there are probably a kagillion more reasons. And you’ll try a kagillion things to try to help. Before you know it, though, you and baby will sync up and you’ll look back at this time with fond memories and wonder how you made it through. Again, congratulations on your bundle of joy and good luck with mommyhood!
*Note: Dads, we know you are caregivers, too. We love you and support you, and wish you the best. If you are a dad and reading this, just change out the mom’s for dad’s. Love, TTB.
Want more information about Colief Infant Drops? You should definitely check out their YouTube page for testimonial videos. Truly an eye opener on how Colief can help alleviate those #ColiefMOMents
Enter the Share Your #ColiefMOMent Giveaway now for a chance to win a $500 Walgreens gift card, a Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag of your choice, or be one of five weekly winners to receive a package of Colief Infant Digestive Aid! Enter before 8/14 here: http://bit.ly/1S1pZkP
†These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. The product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
This is a product-provided, sponsored conversation that contains affiliate links. I received a bottle of Colief Infant Digestive Aid for my own personal use. All opinions, text and experiences are my own. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Colief® Infant Digestive Aid is a gluten-free dietary supplement for the reduction of colic-associated crying resulting from temporary lactose intolerance (TLI) in infants. Colief Infant Digestive Aid may help reduce the crying time associated with colic by breaking down the lactose in breast milk or infant formula, making it easier for infants to digest. To learn more, visit http://us.colief.com or LIKE the brand on Facebook.
This is a product-provided, sponsored conversation that contains affiliate links. All opinions, text and experiences are my own. Colief Infant Digestive Aid is a dietary supplement to provide relief due to colic-associated crying from temporary lactose intolerance (TLI). These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. The product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.