Disclosure: I wrote this post as part of my participation in a blog tour on behalf of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., the makers of VISINE®. I received compensation to thank me for taking the time to participate. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
You know what I love about Fall? Besides the beauty of the changing colors, I love the cool weather because it gives me an excuse to stay inside and binge watch my favorite TV shows all day long. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy fresh air but running outside to swap the season discs in my mailbox is enough. If you like to binge watch too then you’ll want to read these 5 Things You Need Before Your Next Binge Watching Session!
5 Things You Need Before Your Next Binge Watching Session
Is there truly anything better than snuggling up on the couch, finding your favorite show and watching it from beginning to end all in one session? Of course, you need to account for the occasional bathroom break but I surely think it sounds like the perfect way to spend Fall. It also gives you the opportunity to spark conversations with neighbors or family and friends when you do decide to venture out of the house. So before you hibernate for fall, make sure you check out these 5 must-haves to snag before you start your binge watching session!
- Stock up on those snacks. When you begin binge watching your shows you won’t want to pause for even the delivery man and cooking is entirely out of the question. My best recommendation is to stock up on snacks! Keep snacks readily handy and if you are trying to watch your weight, you can even stock up on the healthier items. Snacks won’t let you down and you’ll be energized enough to make it through your movie marathon. By the way, I’ve heard chocolate is a vegetable!
- A streaming device… or two. This one might be obvious but a true binge watcher knows to have a streaming backup at all times. You are serious about this aren’t you? Make sure your internet connection is strong, your streaming device is working and your account is paid and in good standing. But always have a backup in case your device stops working mid-stream. You’ll thank me later on this!
- Find a binge buddy. I get it, sometimes shows are better enjoyed alone but when you are binge watching, isn’t is better to have someone by your side? You might run into an episode that you need a shoulder to cry on or come across something you fully don’t understand. That is where your binge buddy comes into play. It can even be your cat or dog. Either way, you’ll want to choose your binge buddy wisely.
- Fluffy pillows and blankets are a must. You will be sitting for hours upon hours and you deserve to feel comfortable. Find the fluffiest pillows and blankets in your house and get ready to snuggle up next to them. Because it’s Fall, I am always cold anyways so this is a must-have for sure!
- Bust out those eye drops. It goes without saying that all of that screen time is going to make your eyes tired. When you do decide to arise from the darkness, your eyes might just look like you’ve turned into a zombie. Don’t scare your family away. Instead, keep eye drops by your side. Not just any eye drops, I am talking about the VISINE® brand. I personally like the VISINE® Redness Relief and even use them when I blog and write for hours on end. They work wonders!
So now you’ve got your binge watching session must-haves and your show planned out. However, I cannot stress enough how important VISINE is to your overall plan. We have to remember that so much screen time can be a bit much on our eyes which is why we have to take care of them. After all, we do want them to last through another binging session right?
You see, a study found that more than 1 in 3 binge-watchers (37%) say their eyes frequently get dry or irritated when they binge-watch. VISINE® can provide relief to your dry and tired eyes during your binge-watching session.
And that’s not all. There are some big positives to all your binge watching…
The Tribeca Film Festival Binge Appeal Survey Stats Found That:
- Seventy-one percent of binge-watchers frequently watch multiple hours of content with at least one other person.
- Frequent binge-watchers (80%) are more likely than infrequent binge-watchers (68%) to find it easy to make new friends.
- Frequent binge-watchers (87%) are more likely than infrequent binge- watchers (77%) to say they spend more time with their significant other compared to the average couple
You can see the Tribeca Film Festival and VISINE(R)’s Binge Appeal survey here.
The VISINE® #ScreenOn and Tribeca Film Festival Binge Appeal Survey was conducted by Wakefield Research among 1,500 nationally representative U.S. adults ages 18+, between July 21 st and August 1 st, 2016, using an email invitation and an online survey.
And You Can Help Others Through The Power of Screen Time Too!
Starting on September 26th, everytime you use #ScreenOn, VISINE® will donate a dollar per tweet to AdoptAClassroom.org (minimum of $20,000 and up to $30,000)2 to help provide classrooms access to technology and screens. All you have to do is post on social media about your binge watching and use the hashtag #ScreenOn. Cool, right?
Between September 26, 2016 and November 1, 2016, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division will donate a dollar to AdoptAClassroom.org each time #ScreenOn is used on Twitter for a minimum donation of $20,000 up to a maximum donation of $30,000. To learn more about AdoptAClassroom.org, go to http://www.adoptaclassroom.org/
All of these seem great reasons to take time off work and plan on that perfect binge session. Just don’t get too comfortable and forget to head back to work!
To learn more about the full line-up of VISINE® products, please visit www.Visine.com