DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links.
Surely you have joined our super awesome Facebook group, right? If not click here to follow!
National Ice Cream Day was just yesterday. Did any of you guys get your hands on any freebies? I for one didn’t and I am so bummed about it!
If you’re like me who missed out on the free ice cream, Ben and Jerry’s is here to make it up to you!
As long as you have the ingredients in your kitchen of course!
Ben and Jerry’s is a popular ice cream chain and they were kind enough to release their chocolate chip cookie dough recipe.
The same recipe they use in their ice cream…. SCORE!
Here’s how you make Ben and Jerry’s Edible Cookie Dough and it starts with flour and a mixing bowl!
- 1 cup of flour
- 8 Tbsp. of unsalted butter (1 stick), at room temperature
- 1 cup of brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. of heavy cream
- ½ tsp. of kosher salt
- ½ cup of chocolate chips
- Step One: Heat treat your flour to ensure it is safe to eat. Place the flour in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring in between. Next, use an instant-read thermometer to make sure your flour reaches 165°F throughout.
- Step Two: In a stand or hand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy.
- Step Three: Add your vanilla, cream, and salt, mix together. Then, add the heat treated flour and mix again.
- Step Four: Add your chocolate chips.
- Step Five: Serve and enjoy! Make sure to store the finished product in an airtight container or in the refrigerator.
The recipe calls for 2 total cups of Ben and Jerry’s Edible Coolie Dough, but who says you have to share?!
As always, you can check out the recipe on their website!