Lately, I have been on a makeup budget. The thing is, I love it because I can find all the awesome drugstore mascara and other stuff for a fraction of the price I would normally pay for department store brands. Oh, plus I have now officially found the best cheap mascara! Rimmel Retro Glam Scandaleyes!
Don’t believe me? Check out my video tutorial below teaching you how to get TWO looks. One is a simple day look using Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation as an eyeshadow and primer, and the other is a funky retro look that would be great for a fancy night out!
And in case you aren’t the video watching kind, I’ve included a little step by step tutorial below:
- Start by priming your eyes with the Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation. Make sure to blend it in really good. Use this as a concealer under your eyes as well. Basically, this stuff replaces three different products, and it’s awesome.
- Now, line the top and bottom of your eyes with a black eyeliner. This doesn’t have to be perfect at ALL. The smudgier the better.
- Add little wings out on the edges of your eyes to create that retro cat eye look that we all love. This is a quick easy to fake a cat eye without going to all the trouble of actually making one.
- Use a teal eyeliner pencil (or any spring color really, going retro is all about big pops of bright color to line not only right above the black eyeliner, but to line in the crease of your eye as well. This is how we are going to make our eyes look super big! Blend everything when you’re finished.
- Now add just a touch of eyeshadow in the same color as the bright eyeliner you just used. Just go over the eyeliner to really make it stand out. Do this on both the top and bottom of your eye.
- Add a couple of coats of the Rimmel Retro Glam Scandaleyes Mascara and you’re all finished!
AND GUESS WHAT!?! Since it’s the 180 Year Anniversary of Rimmel/Coty, we are giving away $50 worth of Coty/Rimmel products to 25 Lucky readers in order to help you achieve these awesome looks! (Oh, and you can get $1.00 off each of these products with coupons from the Sunday Newspaper!)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The Coty® Rimmel® Giveaway starts at 4/2/14 at 12:00 A.M. (midnight) ET and ends on 4/25/14 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Open only to (i) members of the Social Fabric community, (ii) legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, and (iii) who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. Click here for Official Rules and details including how to enter, entry criteria, prizes and restrictions, etc. Void in PR and where prohibited. Sponsor: Collective Bias, Inc.
If you’re wondering where to get the makeup, I got mine at Walmart.
I hope this posts gives you lots of #BeautyInspiration #CollectiveBias #shop