You haven’t had french toast until you’ve had french toast made from English muffins! With natural, sweet syrup, fresh berries and a bit of powdered sugar, this English Muffin French Toast is sure to become a family favorite.
Camping? Have guests coming over the holidays? Need a non-boring breakfast idea?
This English Muffin French Toast is your friend and it’s a tasty one too!
I know it may seem weird to use english muffins as french toast but trust me, it is so good.
The best part is, these make nice and firm french toast. You know how sometimes french toast can turn out soggy? Yeah, you won’t have that problem with this recipe.
English Muffin French Toast
You only need a few simple ingredients to make the perfect french toast every time:
- English Muffins
- Powdered Sugar
- Fresh Strawberries (or any other berries you want)
How would you improve a French toast recipe?
The best way to improve a french toast recipe is by NOT using bread.
Like I mentioned above, bread tends to get soggy even if you heat it up on in the skillet.
I like my french toast more firm so that when I add toppings, it doesn’t get too soggy or gooey in the middle. That’s why I like using english muffins.
Our Muffin French Toast Is So Easy To Make.
Seriously, english muffins are already pre-cooked so all you need to do is whip up the french toast batter.
Then soak the muffins in it for a few minutes.
Then put them into a skillet to cook.
Then BAM in a matter of minutes, you’ve got perfectly cooked french toast your entire family will love.
Simply pour your favorite syrup on top, add some fresh berries and sprinkle some powdered sugar and enjoy!
- 3 English muffins
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Milk or Soy milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar or Truvia
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 Cup Syrup
- Fresh Strawberries
- Powdered Sugar (for topping, optional)
- Mix eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and sugar into a shallow bowl.
- Cut English muffins in half and soak one side for about a minute then flip over and soak other side.
- Heat up a pan on medium high. Once pan is hot melt butter.
- Take muffins out of mix and put directly into pan.
- Cook each side for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place on a plate.
- Serve with syrup, fresh strawberries, and powdered sugar.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 227 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 73mg Sodium: 132mg Carbohydrates: 38g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 28g Protein: 5g