Here is how you can use your baby to get a killer workout while the gym is closed!
Due to social distancing and sanitary reasons (ew sweat), many gyms have no other option but to close their doors. At least until everything is under control that is.
But that doesn’t mean you have to skip the gym completely, even though I wouldn’t blame you if you chose to binge watch Netflix instead HAHA!
You can use your baby as a weight for home workouts if you don’t have access to any gym equipment!
I suppose you could even use a toddler if you want a more intense workout!
If you don’t have a small child hanging around don’t worry! We still have FREE home workouts for you here!
Here are five exercises that you can do with your baby!
- Bicep Curls: Hold your baby under their bottom and upper back, and keep your elbows glued to your sides, and raise him/her up to your chest. Do not let your elbows swing; this should be a nice smooth movement.
2. Walking Lunges: Hold your baby in whatever way is most comfortable(you can even baby wear) and lunge forward with your right foot, make sure that your knee doesn’t go further than your toes and that your back leg stays at a 90-degree angle. Alternate between your right and left leg, like you’re walking forward.
3. Weighted Sumo Squats: Holding your baby to your chest, stand with your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart and turn your feet out, push your hips back and squat down, keep your back straight and head up.
4. Baby Bench Press: Lay flat on your back with your knees bent and feet on the ground. Put one hand on your baby’s chest and on under his/her thighs, pull the baby down to your chest slowly focusing on contracting your muscles and then slowly lift baby up towards the ceiling while straightening your arms.
5. Pushup Kisses: Lay baby underneath you on a yoga mat, while keeping yourself in a plank position. Lower yourself into a push-up until you are close enough to give your baby a forehead kiss and then push back up.