I am going frakkin nuts!

This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read our disclosure policy here

Okay, so Thursday night Halle woke up in the middle of the night complaining about her cheek.  For like a good hour I had no idea what she was talking about, then it suddenly dawned on me that her ear was hurting… Duh!

So, I gave her some tylenol, laid down with her and eventually got her to gall asleep.  As soon as we woke up, I called the doctor and made an appointment with the pediatrician and we headed in.

Of course the pediatrician was backed up.  Now, don’t get me wrong… that’s okay with me, because she was backed up taking care of sick kids.  It’s an awesome part of my pediatrician.  If you have a really sick kiddo, then she takes the time to make sure your kid is okay.  We’ve been in that office for hours before, and I actually drive half an hour to the pediatrician just because I love her that much.  So, we had to wait about 45 minutes to meet with the doc, she saw that hal was sick. looked in her ear, and even commented on how bad it looked.  We started antibiotics pretty much immediatly and headed home.

Well, on the way home, Halle puked.  Fortunately for us… we have the best pediatrician in the world, and she had given Halle a little puke bucket so she puked in that. Okay, so we get home… I basically lay her down on the couch and she sleeps for like hours… Thank goodness.  She needed that.

I get her all drugged up and yaayshe starts to feel better.. we ended up sleeping inmy bed together… it’s just easier because I can just reach over and check her forehead. Good thing I did, too… because she woke up in the middle of the night… puking.

So, I gave her some of the medicine my pediatrician prescribed in case she started puking, got her to sleep, and then fell asleep next to her.  She woke up Saturday and the husband let me sleep in.  Yaay for husband!

Okay Saturday she seems to be doing better, but still has a fever and all that… pretty much a total blah day… then Sunday hits, and she has a super special day. A day we have been planning for months… She gets to go ride on Thomas the Train with her Dad, her Mimi and her Papaw… what else can I say? I let her go. She had fun, and I was glad she got to go. So, when she gets home. I can’t get her to take a nap. She was too excited.

Now, what’s going on? Diarrhea! GAH! Now we have diarrhea?  Seriously? UGH! And, so now I am in the bed, watching Battle Star Galactica and Blogging, while my still sick kiddo sleeps next to me.

I guess I will be keeping her home from preschool again tomorrow.  🙁

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


  1. Poor girl! I hope she’s all recovered now. It’s hard for the parents when the munchkins get sick too. 🙁