Soon everyone will be baking cookies for Santa but my jolly, golly, cookies are a thing of the past! How about instead, you make something that tastes like cookies but isn’t? Don’t you think that would catch Santa off-guard? I sure do! So today we are partnering with Chex Mix to share this Sugar Cookie Chex Mix recipe with you.
It tastes like the real thing but it isn’t. But again, it’s oh so good your tastebuds won’t know the difference! Whether you serve it to Santa or to party guests, I am sure it will be a hit.
Supplies Needed to Make Sugar Cookie Chex Mix:
- 6 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 oz white baking chocolate or 1/4 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sugar sprinkles (gluten-free colored edible glitter works too)
- Baking Sheet
- Wax or Parchment Paper
- Microwaveable Measuring Cup
Recipe adapted from Chex Mix.
How to Make Sugar Cookie Chex Mix:
- Place the cereal into a large microwaveable bowl and set aside.
- Line cookie sheet with waxed paper, parchment paper, or foil.
- In microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter uncovered on high for 30 seconds or until melted.
- Add granulated sugar and water; microwave uncovered on High 30 seconds or until mixture is heated and can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave mixture uncovered on High 4 minutes, stirring every minute, until thoroughly glazed.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar; mix well.
- Spread on cookie sheet. In small microwavable bowl, microwave white chocolate uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds, or until it can be stirred smooth.
- Place melted chocolate in small resealable food-storage plastic bag and cut off a small corner of the bag.
- Squeeze bag to drizzle white chocolate over snack mix.
- Sprinkle with sugar sprinkles and allow to cool until white chocolate is set, about 10 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Holiday Snacking the Chex Mix Way
When it comes to holiday snacking there are sweets and sours everywhere you look. My personal favorite is when I can combine a few ingredients and whip up a delicious snack with my kids in a matter of minutes. Chex Mix is great because it’s easily made and something the whole family will enjoy.
This year my oldest son (he is 5) has really gotten into making crafts and baking with me. It was really fun to make this Sugar Cookie Chex Mix and then enjoy it snuggled together on the couch while watching a fun Christmas movie. It’s those memories I make with him now, that will last a lifetime.
So how will you be making holiday memories this year?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of ChexTM. The opinions and text are all mine.