Lots of my fantastically fabulous friends Tell the Truth every Tuesday no matter how much it freaks them out, so I thought I’d give it a try. Now, before I start, you should probably know just how allergic I am to the truth sometimes–here’s a little refresher.
Whew, now that we’ve got that out of the way… I’m going to tell the truth.
- I hate people that talk to me in the coffee shop. I spend a lot of time writing, computing, and avoiding housework at the local coffee shop, so sometimes people think they’re my friend simply because we see each other a lot. Let me just say that is not at all the case. There’s a reason I’m wearing headphones–and it mostly has to do with my aversion to small talk about the weather. (YES–I agree, it IS raining. It’s also wet, did you notice?)
- I don’t have a favorite kind of music. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE music–I’m just not sure which kind is my favorite. Sometimes I really like top 40 stuff, and other’s rock makes me smile. I’ve even been known to throwdown hoedown on some country every once in a while, but classical–no matter how much I’d like to pretend, I can never get into that stuff.
- I’m not very good at being friends with people. (see #1) I mostly just want to do my own thing, and I hate when I have to do something I am not 100% excited about–so I have a tendency to duck out on plans. I suck for this.
- Last night I had a dream about a French Fry. His name was Frenchy–which worries me, because if the most creative name my subconcious self with for a French Fry is Frenchy–well, then I might be screwed at this whole novelologist thing.
- I am addicted to Frontierville. Seriously, no shame. I am so sorry Facebook friends.
- Speaking of games, I can’t stop reading about the new World of Warcraft expansion, Cataclysm. That’s not good at all… Why is that game so freakin’ fun?
- My mom was right when she told me not to cut all my hair off. I know that now, but I wish I’d just listened back in college. #hairdumb
- One of my very best writing friends seems like she is quitting writing, and this stresses me out more than I care to admit. She’s the person who sat at the coffee shop next to me and kept me motivated. (She totally understood about the headphone thing, BTW.)
- Ever since I mentioned the rain, I can’t stop thinking about it. I want to take out my headphones and make small talk with everyone at the coffee shop in its regard. How’s that for irony? Is that actual irony or just Alanis Morisette irony? I can never tell the difference. Thanks for that, Alanis.
- In high school, I did a cover of Alanis Morisette’s Ironic, but it was for chemistry class so the name of the song was actually Ionic. “It’s like a ph of 2 when all you need is a base.”