I have read a lot about how the constant use of masks for healthcare workers is taking a toll on their ears.
I also saw that some of my friends were making and donating ear savers. These crochet ear savers seem to be pretty quick to make!
This one has an invisible join for a seamless finish and multiple sizes! I’m sharing this one because I like the way it looked! But there are a ton of patterns out there!
She says you only need 4-5 yards of worsted weight cotton yarn. She got most of hers from her stash of leftover bits from other projects. She also just dug into her button stash for the buttons she used.
She said it takes more time to sew on the buttons than it did to actually crochet the ear savers.
I have a friend that is a beginner at crochet and she has been whipping the ear savers out like crazy fast!
Here is what you will need:
- US H8/5.00 mm crochet hook.
- 4 (medium size) – 5 yards (large size) worsted weight cotton yarn.
- 2 Buttons. She said she prefers 5/8″ buttons but any size between 1/2″ and 1″ will work fine.
- Thread or embroidery floss to sew on buttons.
- Tapestry needle, sewing needle and scissors
You can find the instructions to make yours at ‘Crochet 365 Knit Too‘. I just love the way her pattern looks! Also, I think the color and button combos really stand out! Be sure to check out her other stuff! She even has an Etsy shop!