As soon as that last snow fall has hit I know it’s grilling season! I love grilling up all sorts of delicious food because the aroma in the air gets all the neighborhood jealous. Then they bust out their grills and bam we have some tasty smelling air! So today I just couldn’t help myself so I partnered up with Kingsford and Glad and made these Grilled Barbecue Chicken Skewers. Let me tell you, they are amazing!
What You Will Need to Make Grilled Barbecue Chicken Skewers:
- 3 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 fresh pineapple, cubed
- 1 fresh zucchini, sliced
- 1 fresh red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 fresh green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- KC Masterpiece Original Barbecue Sauce
- Bamboo skewers
- 1 box of brown rice (optional)
- 1 bag of Kingsford Original Charcoal
- Glad Press‘n Seal (for saving left overs if any)
- Cookie Sheet
- Aluminum Foil
Everything above was purchased at Walmart.
How to Make Grilled Barbecue Chicken Skewers:
- Wash and cut up all of your fresh vegetables. Then place into a large bowl and set aside.
- Cut up your chicken into cubes. Place that into a separate large bowl and cover the chicken with the KC Masterpiece Original Barbecue Sauce. Set aside.
- Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. This makes for an easy clean-up!
- Start assembling your skewers by placing vegetable then chicken and repeating until each skewer is full. Space each item about a half inch apart for even cooking. Place the uncooked skewers onto the cookie sheet.
- It’s time to get that fire ready! I used Kingsford Original Charcoal and some lighter fluid to light a fire in my outdoor grill.
- Once the fire burns out and the coals get nice and hot, you can add your skewers and grill them evenly on each side.
- Remove from the grill and serve up over some brown rice. You can add a bit more barbecue sauce for added flavor.
- For leftovers, remove from skewers and store into a container. I don’t know about you but I ALWAYS lose my lids so I just use the Glad Press‘n Seal to cover leftovers. Easy peasy!
Get to Grillin’ and Chillin’
Grilling is such a fun part of the warm weather. It’s the perfect excuse to cook at home and put together a fun gathering. Personally, I like to shop at Walmart because they have everything I need to prepare for a barbecue. Whether it’s ingredients I need for a recipe or even table decorations they have it.
Everything I bought to make this recipe including the Kingsford Charcoal and the Glad Press‘n Seal were found there too. Kingsford Charcoal makes it easy to grill outdoors. Kingsford Original Briquets are ready to cook on in 15 minutes and have a long burn time.
Then when you are ready to save some leftovers (if there are any) use the Glad Press’n Seal food wrap. It seals in freshness and protects your favorite foods until you are ready for round 2. Did I also mention it is BPA-free and is safe to use in the microwave?
So next time you are at Walmart make sure you grab everything you need to make these delicious Grilled Barbecue Chicken Skewers!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kingsford Charcoal and Glad . The opinions and text are all mine.