I was so intimidated by this dish. I have eaten monkey bread a million times, but I was so afraid that it would somehow be too hard. Afterall, it’s baking, and I’m #NotABaker.
It turns out, this is one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever come across, and if I can do it, you certainly can, too!!
Seriously, you won’t believe how EASY this recipe is. It’s almost foolproof — just don’t let it burn. Ha!
Here Are The Ingredients You Will Need
2-3 Cans of store-bought biscuits — not the layers kind.
1/2 Cup of white, granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon — if you like a lot of cinnamon, add it
1 Sticks of butter
1 Cup of brown sugar
1/2 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk (optional, but very good)
Here Is How You Make The Monkey Bread
- Place the sugar and the cinnamon in a gallon size zip up bag.
- Open the can of biscuits, and cut each one into four pieces.
- Place the cut up biscuits into the bag of cinnamon sugar, and shake, shake, shake. This is a good time to get your kids to help you!
- Melt the butter and brown sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat. You want to stir it pretty constantly, and cook it until the sugar and butter combine.
- Place the biscuit pieces in a pan — a bundt pan is traditional, but you can also use a square pan or a round pie pan — and pour the brown sugar mixture all over the top.
- Cook it at 350 degrees fahrenheit 30-40 minutes, until the top is a dark golden brown.
- If you want, and I HIGHLY suggest it, once you take the monkey bread out of the oven, drizzle it with sweetened condensed milk!!
- Wait about 30 minutes or so before you dig in — it will be HOT!!
I told you — easy, peasy!! You basically just cut up the store-bought dough, shake it in some cinnamon sugar, and bake it. That’s IT!!
I also make these by rolling 3 pieces of the dough into circles, and placing 3 pieces at a time into buttered muffin cups. Cut the cooking down to about 15 minutes, and that’s it! You do everything else the same, and it’s so delicious!!
- 2-3 Cans of store-bought biscuits -- not the flaky layers kind.
- 1/2 Cup of white, granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon (if you like it super cinnamon-y, add more)
- 1 Stick of butter
- 1 Cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk (optional, but very good)
- Pour the cinnamon and sugar into a gallon size zip up bag
- Cut each bisuit into 4 pieces, and drop in the cinnamon sugar bag
- Shake it up
- Melt the butter and brown sugar in a pan until combined
- Place the biscuits into a bundt pan
- Top with the brown sugar mixture
- Cook at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes
- Let sit for 30 minutes before eating.
- Drizzle with sweetened condenced milk if you like.
I have also make this with crescent rolls, and it worked wonderfully!
If you are looking for something tasty to drink with your monkey bread, try these simple Hot Chocolate Bombs. They are so stinkin’ good!!